Help Conserve Water By Fixing Leaky Plumbing Now
Finding and fixing plumbing leaks saves you money, protects your property, and helps conserve water.
Leaky plumbing can pose a whole host of problems, from annoying dripping sounds to high utility bills to potential damage to walls and floors. Plus, leaks waste water! This should be of particular concern right now as California has been under severe drought conditions for many months. Getting your plumbing leaks repaired can help conserve water and reduce strain on our resources.
Facts from the EPA
- Household plumbing leaks in America waste over 1 trillion gallons of water per year
- The average household loses over 10,000 gallons per year to leaks
- Ten percent of homes lose 90 gallons of water or more each day
- A faucet dripping once per second wastes 3,000 gallons of water per year
- A faucet dripping ten times per minute wastes 500 gallons per year
Some leaks, such as a dripping faucet or a constantly running toilet, are obvious. Others may be hidden behind walls or beneath slabs, and you will need professional leak detection services to find them. Before you call a plumber for leak detection, take these steps to check your property for these possible signs of a hidden leak.
- Check Your Water Meter: Go record the reading on your water meter. Wait two hours without using any water, then go check the meter again. If the reading has changed, you must have a leak somewhere.
- Check for Water Damage: If you have mold, mildew, or dank odors in your property, this may be a sign that you have standing water or moisture somewhere. Stained drywall, loose floor tile, buckled or cracked flooring, and damaged paint or wallpaper are also indicators of water contact. When looking for water damage, pay special attention to areas around plumbing fixtures as well as to your basement or slab.
If you have discovered signs of a leak on your property, a professional plumber can help you pinpoint the exact location of the leak using tools like in-line video cameras and listening equipment. Then, they can assess the extent of the damage and recommend a solution.
Many types of minor leaks, such as a running toilet, a dripping faucet, or a leaky under-sink pipe joint, can be fixed quickly, easily, and inexpensively. Other leaks may present more of a challenge. Fortunately, at L.A. Master Plumbers we have ample experience in all kinds of leak detection and repair. We can provide cost-effective solutions that will stop leaks without busting your budget or tearing up your property unnecessarily.